[Nix-dev] Mount /nix/store from NFS during Stage 1 boot

deCube.net | Danny Wilson danny at decube.net
Mon Nov 18 14:22:30 CET 2013

Hi list,

I have another challenge for you :-)

I’m trying to get /nix/store mounted during boot from an NFS server. I completed nixos-install successfully on this NFS mount.

I’m having 2 issues:
1) DHCP is not queried during stage 1.
   - worked around this for now by booting into recovery shell and assigning static ip

2) mount -vvv -t nfs  with any combination of options gives me immediately: “Protocol not supported”

Googling around it looks like NFS mounting at boot was supported back in 2011, but this is no longer the case?

Cheers