[Nix-dev] Hardened NixOS

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue Nov 19 02:12:54 CET 2013

> Securing nixos
I guess we all want to be secure :)

I'd also like you to start a wiki page talking about
  - what could be done
  - what you want to be done
  - how to verify that the goal has been achieved (if this does make
    sense)
  - what else could be done to have a secure system ..
  - how to detect that a "secure" system was hacked (or what do you try to
    protect against ?)

> NixOS doesn't have many users, and hardened NixOS would have even less of
> them, then perhaps this is not necessary at the moment...
Maybe you should also try to tell us why some people of us would not
like to adopt your changes, eg are there obvious downsides /limitations
of the changes you propose ?

My two cents
Marc Weber