[Nix-dev] How to package Heroku Toolbelt?

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 08:58:15 CET 2013

On 11/19/2013 01:38 AM, Alex Berg wrote:
> Vlad, is "rubycurses" intended as a new attribute in all-packages.nix,
> sibling to "ruby"?

Yes, if could be if it's likely to be useful on more places, or it could
be the default. Or it could e.g. be

herokuToolbelt = callPackage path {
	ruby = ruby.override { cursesSupport = true; };
}

As for why it isn't default -- I suppose it wasn't needed up to now. I
think it's often just a tool useful when building other packages. For
example we have by default a different bash for building (no readline
etc.) and different for interactive usage.

Vlada