[Nix-dev] Passwords in configuration files

Thomas Bereknyei tomberek at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 11:03:33 CET 2013

I came across some threads from a while ago and some discussion
regarding passwords in configuration files and ways to limit the
security problem it poses, while still striving to keep within Nix
concepts.

What became of this? Is there a standard solution?

My interest developed while I was configuring ddclient and was uneasy
about having a password in plain text in my configuration.nix.  I
could see myself forgetting it was in there and posting it somewhere
public. I also would like to share my config for others to adapt as
needed.

-Tom