[Nix-dev] Dashes in haskell-packages

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue Oct 8 12:49:17 CEST 2013

Oliver Charles writes:

 > I would suggest carrying on with camelCase for Haskell packages for
 > consistency. If we want to use dash naming and be equivalent to
 > Hackage, then I think this should be done in a single commit.

yes, exactly. When cabal2nix generates the 'buildDepends' field for a
package, it assumes that the camelCase naming style is used, so it's
important that all Haskell packages follow that convention for the time
being. We can convert the entire haskell-packages.nix set to the new
dashy style in one commit later (and I probably will in the foreseeable
future).

Take care,
Peter