[Nix-dev] Java plugin for FF

shacka shacka at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 07:43:32 CEST 2013

Hi,

I finally found a way to get java plugin working. Basically I had firefox
installed using 'nix-env -i firefox', that didn't work. So I uninstalled
the package,  added 'firefoxWrapper' to my configuration.nix and ran
'nixos-rebuild switch'. This time it worked! Though I wasn't able to
achieve my initial goal - be able to use browser based VPN (Juniper
Networks). But I'm guessing it's much harder to fix (if even possible).

Few questions regarding my experience still bothering me:
* what's the difference between installing package with 'nix-env -i' and
adding the same package to configuration.nix?
* why I can specify firefoxWrapper in configuration.nix, but can't do
'nix-env -i firefoxWrapper'

Thanks,
Andrii