[Nix-dev] Binary cache for Hydra

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Mon Aug 11 06:27:35 CEST 2014

On 08/11/2014 06:11 AM, Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I managed to get my Hydra instance going but upon figuring out a
> release.nix for a project, it wants to build *a lot* of stuff. I'm
> wondering a few things:
>
> * Can my Hydra instance be made to use binary caches? Perhaps it does by
> default and this is just the cause of using nixpkgs master which leads
> me to my next question.

I was correct, pointing it to more-complete nixpkgs does not make it
want to rebuild everything in existence. I'm currently pointing to
/nix/var/nix/profiles/per-user/root/channels/nixos/nixpkgs .

> * Can my Hydra instance use my system's <nixpkgs>? I'm currently going
> to just point it at a local path of where the channel updates put it but
> is this the right way?

Answered above.

> * I'm trying to cancel the massive job it queued up, the kernel and
> everything but I just get 500 Internal server error – This build cannot
> be cancelled. What's wrong? I can't figure out how to kill it.

Would still like to know this one. I had to stop hydra-evaluator service
and then kill the nix-store process in charge.

--
Mateusz K.