[Nix-dev] systemd in initrd

Luca Bruno lethalman88 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 16:15:59 CEST 2014

On 21/08/2014 15:55, Eelco Dolstra wrote:
>> I hope in an active discussion about this issue, and in a possible
>> resolution.
> I'm in favor in principle.
>
> The main technical issue is how to describe units for the initrd. I guess we can
> just have a ‘boot.initrd.systemd.*’ tree that mirrors ‘systemd.*’.

If we get to agree, I'd like to work on it. On the who, I'm proposing to
implement and migrate everything to the systemd initrd by myself. On the
how, I think culprits etc. will reveal during the work, and in the end
we'll sort out the best nixos interface.
That is, let's make it work first. Then, based on the arising problems,
we decide the best solution.