[Nix-dev] systemd in initrd

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 17:01:34 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 3:39 PM, Luca Bruno <lethalman88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The disadvantage is that adding systemd to initrd is another level of
> complexity, and ram usage at boot. Not only, probably after choosing to
> use systemd, I guess we are not going to maintain the old way of
> building the initrd. So it's either systemd, or not.

Are we only talking about stage-1-init.sh [1] or I am missing something else?

It sounds to me that the stage-1 looks more like the activation script
than anything else, even if I accept that we might want additional
options which might be easier with systemd, I do not see any reason
for not having a trivial backend for jobs-entries which just assert
that these additional options are not used.

[1] https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/nixos/modules/system/boot/stage-1-init.sh

--
Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron - http://nbp.name/