[Nix-dev] Error packaging tilda (about gettext, glade and expat)

Anderson Torres torres.anderson.85 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 00:33:43 CEST 2014

Hello, Nixers! I need some help here.

I am trying to package Tilda[1], a quake-like terminal emulator. The
expressions are here on my private Nixpkgs branch [2].

But I found an error. Here is an eternal pastebin [3]. I used an
nix-shell, and after running 'sh autogen.sh', I ran a simple 'make'
command.

The relevant text for me is in the final lines:

>>> /nix/store/fsb...-gettext-0.18.2/bin/xgettext: Language "glade" is not supported. xgettext relies on expat.

  This version was built without expat.

How can I solve this? Some patch, or a new version of gettext, or some
heinous trick (like the obscure ldcpp code, maybe)?

FootNotes:
[1] https://github.com/lanoxx/tilda/
[2] https://github.com/AndersonTorres/nixpkgs/commit/df2c4d4f3129cf0189ba7ac679360df1df93f277
[3] http://pastebin.com/50Bjdi8j