[Nix-dev] how to get a hydra / github branch?

Gergely Risko gergely at risko.hu
Thu Aug 28 10:06:46 CEST 2014

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 10:02:47 +0200, Luca Bruno <lethalman88 at gmail.com> writes:

> There are several branches already that get built due to massive
> rebuilds, and many times there are machine problems. I think even for
> your own usage, it's more reliable to run your own machine. Setting up
> an hydra for nixpkgs shouldn't take much time.

Do we have some step-by-step instructions for this basic case?

Of course, I can hack it up, we're all pros, but instructions still help
a lot.

I know about
http://hydra.nixos.org/build/13694220/download/1/hydra/manual.html, but
it talks about building your own package on hydra, I'd really like to
have something which is very similar to hydra.nixos.org, is building the
same release and even creating the binary cache in some directory maybe
(as hydra.nixos.org does).

Gergely