[Nix-dev] ‘CYCLE’ was not found in the Nix search path

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Tue Dec 16 11:37:39 CET 2014

Hi,

On 16/12/14 00:04, Daniel Bergey wrote:

> For the last few days, any attempt to install with nix-env gives the
> message:
>
> error: file ‘CYCLE’ was not found in the Nix search path (add it using
> $NIX_PATH or -I)
>
> Can someone explain to me why this is and how to fix it?

Did you use a Nix 1.8 prerelease at some point? You may have a corrupted
manifest.nix in your profile resulting from a bug fixed in
https://github.com/NixOS/nix/commit/a17c23426e7b2724639cd90c23759299cdaffbb7. In
that case, you should roll back your profile to a generation before the corruption.

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/