[Nix-dev] Breaking changes log

Wout Mertens wout.mertens at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 14:55:40 CET 2014

Nice though it seems a bit complex. Not sure if it's over-engineered or
just what's needed.

Also interesting:
*"There have been complaints regarding the comprehensibility of some
upgrade notices and news items in the past. This is understandable — not
every Gentoo developer speaks English as a first language. However, for the
sake of clarity, professionalism and avoiding making us look like prats, it
is important that any language problems be corrected before inflicting a
news item upon end users.*

*Thus, at least 72 hours before a proposed news item is committed, it must
be posted to the gentoo-dev mailing list and Cc:ed to pr at gentoo.org
<pr at gentoo.org> (exceptions may be made in exceptional circumstances). Any
complaints — for example regarding wording, clarity or accuracy — must be
addressed before the news item goes live."*

<shudder>

Wout.