[Nix-dev] hydra admins: please take care of i686 GHC out of memory issues

Rob Vermaas rob.vermaas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 14:36:26 CET 2014

Hi,

>  > The memory problems seems to be reproducible and seems nothing to do
>  > with a lack of memory (it was running on a server with enough memory
>  > available, 80GB).
>
> I don't know why the build fails on that particular build machine, but I
> am pretty sure that it's not a problem with the GHC build per se, because
> it succeeds just fine when I try it:
>
>   http://hydra.cryp.to/job/nixpkgs/haskell-updates/haskellPackages.ghcPlain.i686-linux
>
> So whatever it is that's causing this error, I tend to believe that it *is*
> related to the machine in some way.

Restarted the build, and made sure it was building on a different
system (was ike before, now kenny) and the error was the same (except
for the number of bytes it failed to request.) [1].

I have no idea what could be the problem, perhaps it is related to
some system setting, e.g. kernel.

Cheers,
Rob

[1] http://hydra.nixos.org/build/7635977