[Nix-dev] fetchgit with ssh

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 08:49:26 CET 2014

Hi.

On 01/13/2014 07:52 AM, Thomas Bereknyei wrote:
> I'm not positive this is the problem, but take a look at another
> example. No quotes around the url and different format.
>
>    src = fetchgit {
>        url = git://git.gnupg.org/libgcrypt.git;
>        rev = "99b18aa53";
>        sha256 = "1rhbpxqrkfszlv8jvw8s4apwklal07k8zxv5q555l7binc1j1j3z";
>     };

I'm quite certain the quotes wouldn't break this case. Here you have
just plain git protocol without SSH.

The current implementation of fetchgit doesn't support SSH, judging from
a brief look at its code. (BTW, fetchgit runs in a separate derivation,
so it isn't affected by adding stuff to buildInputs, or even to $PATH.)

Maybe it's easy to add the support, I'll look again at it this evening
(I hope), if noone else solves it beforehand. The main problem is the
purity of ~/.ssh -- this directory just shouldn't be considered, as the
behavior inherently impure. Adding key/password to parameters of
fetchgit also doesn't seem very comfortable.

Vlada