[Nix-dev] fetchgit with ssh

aszlig aszlig at redmoonstudios.org
Mon Jan 13 11:20:28 CET 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 01:40:55PM +0800, S??nke Hahn wrote:
> I also tried out https-urls. The problem is that not all repos that I need
> to access are public. So I have to provide some authentication. For ssh I
> can just put keys in .ssh, but for https in this setting, I'm not sure if
> it's even possible.

If it's GitHub-specific and you want to have access to private
repositories, please have a look at this:

https://github.com/blog/1270-easier-builds-and-deployments-using-git-over-https-and-oauth

We're using this internally for deployment and the following is the
quite ugly approach we were using before GH introduced OAuth for HTTPS
URLs:

https://gist.github.com/aszlig/8397726

Hope this helps.

a!