[Nix-dev] fetchgit with ssh

Sönke Hahn SoenkeHahn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 16:09:49 CET 2014

Thomas Bereknyei wrote:

> I'm not positive this is the problem, but take a look at another
> example. No quotes around the url and different format.
>
>   src = fetchgit {
>       url = git://git.gnupg.org/libgcrypt.git;
>       rev = "99b18aa53";
>       sha256 = "1rhbpxqrkfszlv8jvw8s4apwklal07k8zxv5q555l7binc1j1j3z";
>    };

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried:

    url = git://git@github.com/jekor/haskell-sscgi.git;

This was the result:

fatal: Unable to look up git at github.com (port 9418) (Name or service not
known)

So I tried

    url = git://github.com/jekor/haskell-sscgi.git;

, which works, great! (I get another error message based on a missing
Setup.hs, but that's an easy fix.)

Omitting the username does not seem to work for bitbucket, though. Nixops
just hangs after initializing the git repo. I guess, github has 'git' set as
the default user.