[Nix-dev] Nixpkgs monitor moved!

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 15:34:08 CET 2014

On 01/14/2014 03:01 PM, Eelco Dolstra wrote:
> But the committer is not shown in GitHub email messages, and tends to get lost
> if you do things like cherry-picking into another branch, or commiting a pull
> request from somebody else.

Github accounts for this "author" wrongly... it collects all with bogus
e-mail address (https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/graphs/contributors).

I mainly see the technical problem... it doesn't seem you can use "git
am" with committer taken as the author as well. We could generate just
diffs instead of patches, but that's more cumbersome to apply, mainly
because of commit description.

Can you see *how* to do this practically?

Vlada