[Nix-dev] Nixpkgs monitor moved!

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 16:55:46 CET 2014

On 01/14/2014 04:29 PM, Moritz Ulrich wrote:
> The current approach looks correct to me: Nixpkgs-Monitor is the
> original author of the patch, and applying this patch merely makes you
> the committer, not the author.

Yes, it does seem consistent: author generated it and committer reviewed
it. When merging this *is* preserved; and if you cherry-pick a generated
patch without a change, you're about as good committer as the original
one...

I think we also don't want to lose the information that it's a generated
patch.

> Nixpkgs-Monitor could get its own email address.

It does have its address, an invalid one. Supplying a valid address
doesn't make sense to me; maybe we could just have such address that it
does at least look valid to github, so it's considered as an author by it...

Vlada