[Nix-dev] darwin support broken?

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 12:47:47 CET 2014

On 01/21/2014 12:31 PM, Sander van der Burg - EWI wrote:
> Is darwin support broken?

AFAIK it is not marked as broken, only noone added darwin into platforms
(on many packages). I would gladly add it to platforms, but I'm running
into a chicken-egg problem: I don't have a Mac to test at least that it
builds, and Hydra won't unless it gets into platforms (or
hydraPlatforms, but that's supposed to be a subset).

It has been reported before, that now nix on Mac allows installing
almost nothing, due to such transitive dependencies not marked. I wrote
it here: https://github.com/NixOS/nix/issues/193#issuecomment-32101667

Vlada