[Nix-dev] Google Talk Plugin and X11 packages obsolete

Raahul Kumar raahul.kumar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 14:26:37 CET 2014

Hi,

My Gtalk plugin doesn't work in Firefox. What settings do I need to add? My
config file is below.
I also get a warming about x11Packages being obsolete. What do I replace
that with?

# Edit this configuration file to define what should be installed on
# your system.  Help is available in the configuration.nix(5) man page
# and in the NixOS manual (accessible by running 'nixos-help').

{ config, pkgs, ... }:

{
  imports =
    [ # Include the results of the hardware scan.
      ./hardware-configuration.nix
    ];

  # Use the GRUB 2 boot loader.
  boot.loader.grub.enable = true;
  boot.loader.grub.version = 2;
  # Define on which hard drive you want to install Grub.
   boot.loader.grub.device = "/dev/sda";

   networking.hostName = "Zangetsu"; # Define your hostname.
  # networking.wireless.enable = true;  # Enables wireless.

  # Select internationalisation properties.
  # i18n = {
  #   consoleFont = "lat9w-16";
  #   consoleKeyMap = "us";
  #   defaultLocale = "en_US.UTF-8";
  # };

  # List services that you want to enable:

  # Enable the OpenSSH daemon.
  # services.openssh.enable = true;

  environment = {
    systemPackages = with pkgs; [
      emacs
      mercurial
      irssi
      gitFull
      file
      xz
      openldap
      gnupg
      gnumake
      clang
      ncurses
      wget
      jdk
      unzip
      ant
      manpages
      posix_man_pages
      patchelf
      python
      gdb
      openssl
      subversion
      cmake
    ];

    x11Packages = with pkgs; [
      firefox
      thunderbird
      pidgin
      libreoffice
      qemu_kvm
      dwm
      dmenu
      evince
    ];
  };

  time.timeZone = "Australia/Brisbane";

  # Enable CUPS to print documents.
  services.printing.enable = true;

  nixpkgs.config.firefox.enableGoogleTalkPlugin = true;

  # Enable the X11 windowing system.
   services.xserver.enable = true;
   services.xserver.layout = "us";
   services.xserver.xkbOptions = "eurosign:e";

  # Enable the KDE Desktop Environment.
   services.xserver.displayManager.kdm.enable = true;
   services.xserver.desktopManager.kde4.enable = true;
}