[Nix-dev] Testing with nixpkgs and nixos for a degree thesis

Cillian de Róiste cillian.deroiste at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 14:53:32 CET 2014

Hi Luigi,

That sounds like a very interesting thesis and nix should do very well
according to your criteria. I had a quick look at some of the failures and
suspect they could be easily solved, e.g. bfast can't find bzlib.h but
adding bzip2 to the build inputs should fix that. I'm sure we could fix the
rest of the issues too, and it would be nice to have the extra packages in
nixpkgs since you've already done to work to package and test them. It
would be great if you could open a pull request with the working packages,
and then also ask for help with the problematic ones individually. I hope
that's not too much effort. If you want to quickly work through the issues
it might be best to ask on the IRC channel #nixos on freenode.

Good luck!
Cillian