[Nix-dev] Complete configuration

Jeremy Hughes jedahu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 07:25:28 CET 2014

Hi all,

Is there a command hidden away somewhere that will take a top-level nix
expression (like /etc/nixos/configuration.nix) and spit out an expression
that is the result of inlining all imports and referenced package
expressions?

If I install nixos on two separate occasions using the same
configuration.nix, with one installation before and the other after a
channel update, the two resulting systems will be different. I'm looking
for a way to get a nix expression that will result in the same system,
regardless of channel state or time of installation.

Not sure I've explained that the best way. Hopefully someone gets my drift.

Cheers,

Jeremy