[Nix-dev] Maintainership

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue Jan 28 19:59:31 CET 2014

Excerpts from Eelco Dolstra's message of Tue Jan 28 18:21:57 +0100 2014:
> It should be possible (if somewhat tricky) to gather this information from the
> logs of cache.nixos.org (at least for those packages that are actually in the
> cache).
You'll get cache hits for "trying packages" - but we need hits for
"usages". But you're right that that could be a starting point, too.

I just think that its very important to understand what gets used, too.

About debian and dropping: Right, If something does not work it should
be dropped. I just think its nice to have some guaranteed time to fix as
well as some hints that packages are broken. Whether a package gets
removed 3 month earlier/later doesn't matter as long as it gets masked
and then removed.

Marc Weber