[Nix-dev] OCaml

Marco Maggesi maggesi at math.unifi.it
Wed Jan 29 17:38:59 CET 2014

2014-01-29 Moritz Ulrich <moritz at tarn-vedra.de>

> I agree with a cleanup of the OCaml stuff - there are many versions in
> nixpkgs, and I wonder which of these are really necessary.

We have ocaml 3.08.0 which is used only for qcmm.  I don't know exactly
what qcmm is (a C-- compiler?).  But apparently is something that has not
been touched for a long time now (2006?) and there is no
meta/maintainership on it.  Both can be dropped without harm, I guess.

Also ocaml 3.10.0 is not used anywhere in nixpkgs.

Finally ocaml 3.11.2 is used for matita (the theorem prover).
I think we can keep it until a more updated and stable version of matita is
available.

Summarising: For now I propose to remove the following from nixpkgs
qcmm
ocaml_3_08_0 and ocamlPackages_3_08_0
ocaml_3_10_0 and ocamlPackages_3_10_0

Marco