[Nix-dev] pthread

Marco Maggesi maggesi at math.unifi.it
Fri Jan 31 14:38:04 CET 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to update OCaml Lwt to the current stable version 2.4.3.
The configure script fails with the following message:

 [...]
testing for pthread: ........................... unavailable
not checking for glib

The following recquired C libraries are missing: pthread.
Please install them and retry. If they are installed in a non-standard
location
or need special flags, set the environment variables <LIB>_CLFAGS and
<LIB>_LIBS
accordingly and retry.

For example, if libev is installed in /opt/local, you can type:

export LIBEV_CLFAGS=-I/opt/local/include
export LIBEV_LIBS=-L/opt/local/lib
[...]

Assuming that this is provoked by a not-so-smart configure script I can try
to pass the explicit path to it as suggested by the error message.
However, I'm not familiar with this kind of details
Which derivation contains pthread?  Is it in gcc?

Thanks,
Marco