[Nix-dev] GHC 7.8 on hydra

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Mon Jul 7 17:33:20 CEST 2014

Hi Gergely,

 > GHC 7.8.3 is close to release, but can we in the meantime enable
 > hydra and binary cache for 7.8.2 packages?

Would it be okay to wait another few days for the 7.8.3 release, and
then to switch the default compiler to 7.8.3 altogether? I'd rather
avoid activating two versions of haskellPackages_ghcXYZ simultaneously
because there are so many packages in that set and Hydra is overloaded
as-is anyway.

For what it's worth, even today you can get quite a few Haskell binaries
for all kinds of GHC versions from my Hydra server by running

  $ nix-pull http://hydra.cryp.to/project/nixpkgs/channel/latest/MANIFEST

every now and then.

Best regards,
Peter