[Nix-dev] cannot build a new CD on 32 bits NixOS

Paul Dufresne dufresnep at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 22:25:48 CET 2014

Thanks! I was able to build a new iso file with rpPPPoE and wvdial.
I did not test wvdial.
PPPoE does not seems to work. And it is a bit hard to say exactly why.
No clear messages in journalctl -r.

I thought I was using directly the same rpPPPoE in Arch Linux but Arch
Linux now use netctl:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/netctl
which seems to be mostly some bash scripts to easily allow to
configure different kind of network 'profiles' with systemd:
https://projects.archlinux.org/netctl.git/tree/
Unclear to me if this kind of project is usefull to NixOS.

Also, pppoe-discovery is there under Arch Linux... but not in NixOS
(maybe a different version... did not investigate).
I would probably could test if at least it worked a bit with:
#pppoe-discovery -I enp0s7
but could not because it is not there.