[Nix-dev] Travis false-positives

Georges Dubus georges.dubus at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 11:24:58 CET 2014

Hello

I'm the one who set up travis. I usually monitor the pull requests for
false positives, but I've missed this one. It is now fixed.

The travis hook is there:
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/maintainers/scripts/travis-nox-review-pr.sh,
and it uses nox-review, which can be found there:
https://github.com/madjar/nox. I think of it more as proof of concept of
what CI on the pull requests can bring us than a final testing workflow.
When NixOS dominates the world, we'll have enough servers to run something
like that on Hydra.

Which brings be to the second point: Hydra's dynamic cache. I didn't know
it wasn't supposed to be used, so I though it might be a good way to avoid
recompiling stuff on travis (and risk reaching the time limit). If that's a
problem, I'll remove stop using this cache for Travis, and if that's a
problem for Travis, i'll try to find another solution (I might be able to
run a build bot on some servers of mine).

However, I was under the impression that "http://hydra.nixos.org/nar" was
the recommended cache for anyone running on the master branch of nixpkgs.
If that's the case, shouldn't we find a way to make it less stressing?

--
Georges