[Nix-dev] Haskell Platform, anyone?

Daniel Bergey bergey at alum.mit.edu
Sat Nov 8 22:18:53 CET 2014

On 2014-11-07 at 19:11, Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> wrote:
> How do others feel about that? Do you desperately want to be able to
> install Haskell Platform 2010.2.0.0 any time soon?

I have no objection to removing old HP.

In an ideal world, I'd would like to use Nix for continuous integration,
to answer questions like "will users with HP-2012 installed be able to
install my library?"  That's the only reason I can imagine caring about
HP being in Nixpkgs.  But there's a fair bit of other tooling missing to
do that, and we can always add HP back if enough people want this sort
of CI in the future.

bergey