[Nix-dev] Vim conceal, cscope and other features

Andreas Herrmann andreash87 at gmx.ch
Wed Nov 12 10:53:53 CET 2014

Hi,

> Is there an easy way to
> enable them (I know I can copy the nix file and edit it to my hearts
> content, but I was hoping there is a better way)?

You could use `overrideDerivation` and hotfix the configureFlags. Grep for it in nixpkgs/pkgs to see a few example.

There is an instructive one in pkgs/servers/x11/xorg/overrides.nix

      let  inherit (lib) overrideDerivation; in
      # ...
      darwinOtherX = overrideDerivation xorgserver (oldAttrs: {
        # ...
        configureFlags = oldAttrs.configureFlags ++ [
          "--disable-xquartz"
          "--enable-xorg"
          "--enable-xvfb"
          "--enable-xnest"