[Nix-dev] NixOS 14.11 branch-off delayed for a few days

Domen Kožar domen at dev.si
Fri Nov 21 21:16:45 CET 2014

Hi all,

http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/nixpkgs/staging is currently building bash
and glibc bumps and once the jobset finishes and proofs it has no major
failures, it's going to be merged into master.

Expect that to happen in next couple of days followed by release-14.11
branch created.

You have time until then to get any features into the master.

I know aszlig is working on chromium fixes (PDF, printing, ...), Here is a
list of potential regressions we should consider fixing until the release:

- nixos-rebuild / install-grub.pl broken in current master
  https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/4236

- [nixos] Cannot set password after turning off users.mutableUsers
  https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/3788

- ISO boot: frequent graphics problems
  https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/4659

- kde installer: enable networkmanager
  https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/4659

Besides that, I would love if someone volunteer to document in nixpkgs
manual following functionality with some clear examples:

- mkDerivation additions over derivation function (passthru,
overrideDerivaton, override, allowUnfreePredicate and other useful
functions used over the codebase
- ~/.nixpkgs/config.nix support

Any takers?

Domen