[Nix-dev] Will there be a systemd replacement at any time in the future?

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Mon Sep 1 00:26:17 CEST 2014

Hi,

I know that systemd is some kind of a basic thing which helps nixos to
be what it is, but is there any chance that systemd will be replaced
at any time in the future? Or not replaced, but will there be an
alternative?

This post (to this ML) says pretty much what I think about systemd and
why I hate it:

    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.nixos/13967

Besides: I'm not a NixOS User yet, so I don't understand the internals
and just know the basics of the whole approach, but I sure will use it
(NixOS) for my next machine!

Please don't start a flame war because of this question, I'm just
asking for some yes/no answer and a technical background about
why.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,