[Nix-dev] Will there be a systemd replacement at any time in the future?

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 11:15:02 CEST 2014

Hi.

On 09/01/2014 12:26 AM, Matthias Beyer wrote:
> This post (to this ML) says pretty much what I think about systemd and
> why I hate it:
>
>      http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.nixos/13967

I take these things more as a joke. It is even more extreme than to say
that KDE or GNOME is eating all desktop apps. To me systemd seems more
like a collection of well-defined subprojects.

People often complain about not having an alternative, but I've never
seen anyone seriously put an effort into adding an alternative into
NixOS. It should be easier than in most distros, as we have
*declarative* configuration of jobs and other things.

Vladimir