[Nix-dev] "Package archeology" in nixpkgs

Roger Qiu roger.qiu at polycademy.com
Tue Sep 2 01:01:53 CEST 2014

I think the name and the attribute name could be named with better
names, to prevent confusion. Perhaps a "label" and "path"/"fully
qualified path". The name is just really used for fuzzy search which I
believe is there for convenience for the operator. Like the difference
between a search engine term, and the actual domain name. If the number
of packages (and package versions) keeps growing, full indexing will be
needed to maintain performance in fuzzy operations.