[Nix-dev] systemd in the long run: Revisiting How We Put Together Linux Systems (it's almost Nix...)

Nathan Bijnens nathan at nathan.gs
Tue Sep 2 09:06:20 CEST 2014

The systemd kabal just wrote a blog post detailing their long term vision
on Linux. They have great issue with traditional package managers (who can
blame them?).

They sketch a possible solution, based on a whole lof of BTRFS subvolumes,
sort of used like docker images but linked to each other (it sounds as
complicated as it is).

http://0pointer.net/blog/revisiting-how-we-put-together-linux-systems.html

I have the feeling they're trying to recreate what already exists and works
in Nix, I have the feeling they're unaware of this little great OS.

Nathan.
---
nathan at nathan.gs | nathan.gs
<http://nathan.gs?utm_source=footer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=n> |