[Nix-dev] "Package archeology" in nixpkgs

Daniel Peebles pumpkingod at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 15:31:55 CEST 2014

That was actually my original motivation for doing this. I looked for the oldest GHC I could find (0.26) and it still wanted to be compiled by itself, although it said that HBC could do it if you put in more effort. I was hoping to get the binary bootstrapping out of the GHC build pipeline under the assumption that binary caching would work in largely the same way after an initial slow build. Still not sure if adding several additional intermediate versions of GHC to nixpkgs would be the best idea though :)