[Nix-dev] GHCJS support in nixpkgs

Patrick Wheeler patrick.john.wheeler at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 15:36:16 CEST 2014

I would be interested. I have some scripts that I have been working on as
well.

I have ghcjs building, but I need to move the ghcjs-boot script that builds
the base libraries into a nix-script to make the build pure. An impure
manual test works which is a good sign.

`cabal sandbox init ghcjs` seems to work fine with a few sample builds,
with the impure build.

I manually tests a nix-script that can install ghcjs versions of a package
from the standard cabal2nix script.

A modified wrapper script for ghcjs is still needed so that it can find the
nix installed ghcjs versions of packages are found by ghcjs automatically.

Patrick

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 9:57 PM, Charles Strahan <charles.c.strahan at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hey Haskellers,
>
> Ryan Trinkle and John Wiegley have done some awesome work on getting GHCJS
> working in nixpkgs. There's still some work to do (like making the build
> pure and maybe some cleanup), but I think it's pretty close.
>
> Ryan and I are going to be hacking on it this weekend, trying to get it to
> a mergeable state. Please chime in if you'd like to help us out!
>
> -Charles

Patrick Wheeler
Patrick.John.Wheeler at gmail.com
Patrick.Wheeler at colorado.edu