[Nix-dev] automatically mount vboxsf

Andreas Herrmann andreash87 at gmx.ch
Mon Sep 8 11:57:47 CEST 2014

Dear Luca,

On Monday 08 September 2014 10:57:31 Luca Bruno wrote:
>>       system.fsPackages = [
>>         config.boot.kernelPackages.virtualboxGuestAdditions
>>       ];
> I suggest you to use services.virtualbox.enable = true.
Doesn't nixops set this by default when the deployment is "virtualbox"?
At least, I haven't manually set this service to enabled before, but the guest additions were installed anyway. For instance, I was able to manually mount the vboxsf volume once the machine had booted.

I had the feeling, that the package just wasn't there, yet when the system tried to automatically mount the vboxsf volume at boot-time. So, adding it to fsPackages should somehow make sure that the package is available at boot-time. Or am I wrong here?

Best, Andreas