[Nix-dev] Travis experiment on nixpkgs

Georges Dubus georges.dubus at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 14:45:43 CEST 2014

Hello everybody

This morning, travis verification of pull requests has been activated. The
verification is mainly based on nox-review[1], and is still in the
experimental stage.

nox-review is a tool I wrote this weekend to help review changes in nixpkgs
and pull requests.

The results might not be completely reliable for now. For example, since
there might be many packages to rebuild, and travis does not cache built
derivation, the build might be killed by the 50 minutes timeout. There
might also be bugs in nox-review.

For now, I invite you to take a look at the build logs, and report me
things that are broken (by email, or to "madjar" on irc).

Ideally, this kind of work would be done by hydra, which is much more
suitable. However, hydra is quite overwelmed, and isn't really able to
handle pull requests for now. When the sky gets clearer, it would be nice
to use hydra instead of travis. Consider the current system a preview of
what is to come!

[1] https://github.com/madjar/nox

--
Georges Dubus