[Nix-dev] GHC Not picking up installed packages

emil.rangden at chas.se emil.rangden at chas.se
Wed Sep 24 07:49:55 CEST 2014

Since updating to latest unstable half a day ago I can't make ghc
recognise any
installed packages anymore.

I've tried both installing imperatively with nix-env -iA etc as well as
putting

     (haskellPackages.ghcWithPackages (self : [
         self.xmonad
         self.xmonadContrib
         ))

In configuration.nix and also a default.nix with a cabal.mkDerivation
and list packages
as buildDepends and using nix-shell. In all cases the packages installs
just fine, It downloads or builds
some new store paths but when I try import XMonad (as an example, I
can't get any package to work) in ghci
it says the package doesn't exist.

Any help in solving this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

/Emil