[Nix-dev] Grub2 install error on latest unstable channel

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 13:59:24 CEST 2014

On 28 September 2014 13:44, Bjørn Forsman <bjorn.forsman at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> For the last 1-2 years I've had boot.loader.grub.device =
> "/dev/disk/by-label/240gb" in my configuration.nix.

...but I probably never installed grub with that setting!

A comment from install-grub.pl:

"FIXME: shouldn't we reinstall if 'devices' changed?"

It seems nixos only reinstalls grub if the grub version changes or the
environment variable NIXOS_INSTALL_GRUB is '1'. So I've actually had
this non-working setting in my configuration.nix since the very
beginning, but didn't notice it until now that the grub version was
updated... :-/

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman