[Nix-dev] Zero Hydra Failures (ZHF) project for NixOS

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Mon Sep 29 13:52:10 CEST 2014

On 09/29/2014 12:35 PM, Domen Kožar wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Mateusz Kowalczyk <fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> On 09/29/2014 12:19 PM, Domen Kožar wrote:
>>> Current status (4 more packages need fixing and one test!):
>>> http://hydra.nixos.org/eval/1153558?full=1#tabs-still-fail
>>>
>>> - lots of transient errors in curl downloads, restarting doesn't always
>>> help:
>>>
>>> * http://hydra.nixos.org/build/14918849
>>> * http://hydra.nixos.org/build/14894358
>>> * http://hydra.nixos.org/build/14915515
>>> * http://hydra.nixos.org/build/14915523
>>> * pypy (32bit)
>>>
>>> Observation: all on i686-linux (might be machine specific or platform?)
>>>
>>> - bittorrent test needs a new tracker package to pass again (any heroes?)
>>>
>>> - cmplayer http://hydra.nixos.org/build/14858343 (
>>> https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/4220)
>>>
>>> - haskellPackages.esqueleto.i686-linux,
>>
>> Seems like a network failure
>>
>> http://hydra.nixos.org/build/14839807/nixlhttps://github.com/toastdriven/pysolr/pull/112og/1/raw
>> <http://hydra.nixos.org/build/14839807/nixlog/1/raw>
>

> Restarted
>

>> First failure
>> http://hydra.nixos.org/build/14711328
>>
>> 2.0.1 used to compile file so it seems we have just been unlucky with
>> network since 2.0.2 bump
>>
>>> haskellPackages.lzmaEnumerator.i686-linux (any heroes to disable those
>> two?)
>>
>> lzma issue at
>> https://github.com/alphaHeavy/lzma-enumerator/issues/2
>

> Could we disable it for i686-linux until that's fixed?

We should mark the package as broken on i686 but I don't know the
‘proper’ way to do it, I was scorned the last time I changed platforms
by hand[1] so you'll have to wait for peti to do it or explain the
proper way. Notably, we need to not build it at all on i686 rather than
disabling tests because the package will behave badly if used on those
systems.

>>> - telepathy.call_ui (WIP
>>> https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/4265#issuecomment-56857712)
>>>

>> So seems it's all WIP/issue open/network except bittorrent which
>> genuinely fails. Seems pypy stuff is what's inflating the number to
>> hundreds.
>>

> cmplayer, telepathy and bittorrent test need attention, yes.

[1]:
https://github.com/Fuuzetsu/nixpkgs/commit/ea5be72b39067282626ccb275972b6582c1678da

--
Mateusz K.