[Nix-dev] Nix mkDerivation from private bitbucket repo

4levels 4levels at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:53:15 CEST 2015

Dear Nix Devs,

I've been struggling to generate a package from a private Bitbucket repo.
I've tried fetchgit & fetchgitPrivate but I don't know if I'm using all the
correct parameters.  I also have no idea how I can generate a sha256 from a
specific commit / branch / tag

I can connect to the repo as I have added the nixops machine's ssh key to
my bitbucket account keys, so that shouldn't be the issue.

I did configure the package as follows:

```
    let
      mancloud = pkgs.stdenv.mkDerivation rec {
        name= "mancloud-1.0.0";
        src = pkgs.fetchgitPrivate {
          url = "git at bitbucket.org:mancloud/mancloud.eu.git";
          rev = "refs/heads/master";
        };
        buildPhase = "true";
        installPhase =
          ''
            mkdir -p $out
            cp -r * $out
          '';
      };
    in {
      environment.systemPackages = [ mancloud ];
    };
```

Kind regards,

Erik