[Nix-dev] RFC: Harden(ed) NixOS

Austin Seipp aseipp at pobox.com
Tue Apr 7 19:43:50 CEST 2015

Hello all,

Spurred by some recent discussion on the bug tracker, I have filed an
issue dealing with some enhancements to Nix and NixOS to generally
harden the toolchain and system, security wise.

https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/7220

I'd appreciate input and comments from existing developers on the
issue, since the changes are relatively broad in scope. Please leave
comments there, so I can amend the TODO list on what we might want to
accomplish (#7220 is really more of a meta-ticket).

I'd like to scope out a lot of this for the (tentative) 15.10 release,
although as the year winds to a close a few months from now, I'll have
other commitments to attend to. So I figure it's better to start
early.

--
Regards,
Austin - PGP: 4096R/0x91384671