[Nix-dev] Improving security updates

Domen Kožar domen at dev.si
Fri Apr 10 21:40:01 CEST 2015

This is extremely important for companies. It's why Gentoo has failed so
bad in any commercial environment.

Everyone I talk to about Nix (in my past long experience at conferences,
meetups, etc), they'd raise two questions:

- How does it compare with docker and can it be used together?

- How do you handle security updates

I have poor answers to both questions as both topics are currently done
very poorly. A lot to improve here, I think we should
start with meta-issues for discussion and general todos.