[Nix-dev] ``Failed to execute opertaion: Connection timed out'' when issuing nixos-rebuild

Manuel Pages amarr.industrial at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 18:08:36 CEST 2015

I'm facing most peculiar issue when I issue commands from nixos-rebuild
family —

Stopping dbus.service nix-daemon.service
systemd-udevd.service
*snip*
restarting systemd
*time passes*
Failed to execute opertaion: Connection timed out
Failed to execute opertaion: Connection timed out
Failed to execute opertaion: Connection timed out

the most terrible thing is that it kills network and I lose shells to the
server.
The only way to get back to a working (previous) snapshot of system is to
reboot computer.

I have no idea what goes wrong as there is no helpful debug information
during
nixos-rebuild (even in verbose mode).

Please halp™ :)