[Nix-dev] NixOS on a machine with only one user

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Sat Apr 25 12:45:27 CEST 2015

On 24-04-2015 20:07:49, Arseniy Seroka wrote:
> Do as you will.
> I keep my system profile as minimal as I can.

I do the exact opposite: I put almost everything into the system
packages.

Why:

I have several machines (currently only one on NixOS, actively used,
another one not used by now). I have the configuration.nix split into
several files and put everything under version control. I have several
"sets" of packages (base, gaming, development, media, etc) and I have
one main file for each host. This way I can do DRY. I put a new
package in, say, developPackages.nix and all new machines get it after
a short git pull && nixos-rebuild switch.

If someone wants to know more: http://beyermatthias.de/tags/nixos.html

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,