[Nix-dev] Vagrant stuff - images and plugin - still alive?

Christian Theune ct at flyingcircus.io
Sat Apr 25 13:41:19 CEST 2015

Hi,

I’ve been working on getting vagrant-based setups working nicely in the last weeks and found

https://github.com/oxdi/vagrant-nixos <https://github.com/oxdi/vagrant-nixos>
https://github.com/oxdi/nixos <https://github.com/oxdi/nixos>
and
https://github.com/zimbatm/nixbox <https://github.com/zimbatm/nixbox>

The zimbatm has images available, I didn’t get around to using the packer templates, yet.

The plugin is nice but is not compatible with NixOS 14.12 in the released version. The code has everything fixed already and just making a release of that code works nicely for me. However, I’d love if the gem would be publicly available.

So, is anyone on this list using Vagrant with NixOS? Is the author of the plugin still around? Alternatives? Should I fork this and start making releases?

Christian

—
Christian Theune · ct at flyingcircus.io · +49 345 219401 0
Flying Circus Internet Operations GmbH · http://flyingcircus.io
Forsterstraße 29 · 06112 Halle (Saale) · Deutschland
HR Stendal HRB 21169 · Geschäftsführer: Christian. Theune, Christian. Zagrodnick