[Nix-dev] ZFS on NixOS regarding the `/etc/zfs/zpool.cache` file.

Ricardo M. Correia rcorreia at wizy.org
Wed Apr 29 18:07:37 CEST 2015

I commented on that commit, but just in case, for future readers:

If you add:

boot.supportedFilesystems = [ "zfs" ];

... to your configuration.nix, then /etc/zfs will be created, and
/etc/zfs/zpool.cache will also be created when you import or create a ZFS
pool.

If you have this option in your configuration.nix and import a pool but
even so, zpool.cache isn't created, please file a new issue in the nixpkgs
github repository.

(BTW, you can also, you can use the "zdb -e" option to invoke zdb on pools
that don't have a cache file, but it's better to add "zfs" to the list of
supported filesystems).